9/13/08

Green Jeans



Planet Earth Clothing has gone green and introduced an environmentally friendly clothing line, using naturally organic and sustainable materials. To ex-skaters, the name will be familiar from the monthly CCS catalog. Aside from birthday cards sent by distant relatives, CSS catalogs were the only piece of mail I received as an someteen. If I remember correctly, Planet Earth decks were a little too wide for my tastes and their artwork seemed so-hippie to my adolescent tastes. Few could compete with the Jason Lee deck for Blind that I had my eye on.

Now, Planet Earth don't seem so out of touch. Their earth-friendly name and artwork have aligned nicely with their environmental interests. A pair of their Green Jeans are almost as bad-ass as that Jason Lee deck. The jeans feature a vintage low fit and now are only available in gray. They are a 52/48 hemp cotton blend which aims to reduce the pesticides and fertilizers used to grow cotton for denim production.

Check the Planet Earth website for more Green Label styles and clothes.

Planet Earth

No comments: